The long wait is over, according to various analysts Punishing the already dilapidated automotive sector, rather than prefer it. Whatever happens, after several weeks of waiting, it is finally time to introduce state incentives for cars and motorcycles.
And the Ministry of Economic Development announced in a brief statement published on the site that the first applications for concessions Incentives for the purchase of new cars and motorcycles that meets stringent carbon dioxide emission standards. This procedure had already been announced last February and then It was formalized by the Prime Minister’s decision of April 6. Since then, more than a month has passed before the Court of Auditors accepted the verdict, and so he was released 650 million euros have been allocated For three years 2022-2024.
Car Incentives 2022: how do they work and who can apply for them?
As mentioned, the government renewed the incentives for the purchase of cars and motorcycles by allocating 650 million euros for 2022 (the figures for 2023 and 2024 were not disclosed). Of this number, $615 million was allocated to the purchase of cars.
The number breaks down into three different ranges depending on how much carbon dioxide the car you’re buying emits: 220 million For cars emitting up to 20 grams of CO2 per kilometer travelled; 225 million For cars with emissions between 21 and 60 grams of carbon dioxide; 170 million For cars with emissions between 61 and 135 million. All vehicles must be equipped with engines certified Euro 6 or higher.
Depending on the vehicle purchasedyou can get a file Maximum incentive 3000 EUR, which increases to 5,000 if a car with a Euro 5 engine or less is canceled at the same time. Specifically, the incentives for 2022 cars will be as follows:
- from 5000 euro (€3,000 if not cancelled) to buy a car whose emissions are less than 20 g of CO2 and whose price is less than €35,000;
- from 4000€ (€2,000 if not cancelled) for the purchase of a car whose emissions are between 21 and 60 grams of CO2 and whose list price is less than €45,000;
- from 2000 euro With scrap to buy a car with emissions between 61 and 135 grams of CO2 and a list price of less than 35,000 euros.
All prices do not include value added tax.
Motorcycle incentives 2022: how it works and who can order them
For motorcycles and mopeds (2, 3 or 4 wheels), incentives can reach €4,000 (i.e. 40% of the purchase price) in the event of cancellation of a Euro 0, Euro 1, Euro 2 motor moped or Euro 3. Specifically:
- An environmental incentive of 40% of the purchase price (maximum €2,500) for motorcycles of classes L1e, L2e, L3e, L4e, L5e, L6e and L7e if the seller grants a discount of at least 5% and cancels a car of class 0, 1, 2 euros at the same time or 3. L1e, L2e, L3e, L4e, L5e, L6e, L7e;
- An environmental incentive of 30% of the purchase price (maximum 4000€) If the seller exercises a deposit equal to at least 5% and if a vehicle of category 0, 1, 2, or 3 € is canceled at the same time.
How to Apply for Car and Motorcycle Incentives 2022
Anyone who wants to take advantage of state incentives and buy a new car or motorcycle will have nothing to do. bureaucratic practice as in the past, It will be entirely managed by the sellerwho will have to upload various data to a web platform specially created by technicians from the Ministry of Economic Development.
Before going to the merchant, it is good to specify Incentives are not already available. The text of the decree contained in the Prime Minister’s decree of April 4, 2022 must now be published in the Official Journal while the web platform must be updated on the basis of new technical and economic specifications. So far, the official date has not been revealed, but according to some rumors leaked by the Ministry of Information and Communications, May 16 It could be “D-Day” for the 2022 car and motorcycle incentive.