Abandoned Car Island and the Potato State with donation vehicles

Someday you might take a vacation to Hawaii or Idaho and walk the paths thinking about the meaning of life or how much an electric three-wheeled bike with an all-terrain pedigree costs. Then, with all of that in mind, you’ll stumble upon an abandoned vehicle, partly hidden away in the forest, and it’s the car you’ve dreamed of all your teenage life. So the next question should be, “Can I take him home?” “ Read on to see where you can get to in one of these two quaint and beautiful states.Aloha and … goodbye
Hawaii is known for its abandoned cars because it costs a lot to ship them to the mainland, which is partly true. Thus, its beautiful landscapes are often littered with abandoned vehicles, which the authorities hardly handle. For example, in November 2020, they had to move nearly 400 cars and 700 tires from Makuu, Puna District. Yet despite all of these issues, the Government of Hawaii will not issue title to your name for an abandoned car, boat, motorcycle, or airplane, even if it is on your property.

The local authorities will only come and collect the vehicle after putting a sign on it and waiting more than 24 hours for someone to claim it. This is the reason why you don’t see a lot of abandoned vehicles on Hawaiian roads. We’re not saying they’re not there, but there would be many more if the police didn’t remove them.

While Hawaii may seem like heaven on Earth, this does not apply to abandoned vehicle laws. A vehicle (or boat) is considered abandoned if it is left unattended in a public place for more than 48 hours or 24 hours on private property without the owner’s consent. These can be reported to authorities at 935-3311, and they will come to inspect and tow this vehicle. Considering that the penalty for abandoning a vehicle is a fine of between $ 150 and $ 500, which is less than half the cost of shipping to California, it’s understandable why they just let them rust.

The authorities sell these relics at auction, but it seems they have very little success with it. Usually, they only find old dented vehicles that barely drive or even start. So if you find a nice ’67 Camaro rotting in Hawaii, keep in mind that while it’s free, you’ll still have to pay a lot to bring it to the mainland.Idaho doesn’t just give potatoes
While half of the fried potatoes in McDonald’s come from Idaho, that’s not the only nice thing that comes from the state. It also has a permissive rule regarding the abandoned car policy, whether on the side of the road, on public or private property. If the vehicle has been abandoned on your property, you may want to contact a lawyer to file a lawsuit. It is possible to obtain a discreet title, where the judge can directly assign the vehicle to you.

If that doesn’t work, there is the possibility of a lien sale. You must send a request to proceed with the sale of the lien to the Idaho Department of Transportation (ITD), and they send notifications to any registered owner / holder or registered lien holder, and they have ten days to do so. oppose. In addition, you must publish an advertisement in the local newspaper where the vehicle is located at least once, ten days in advance, and allow visits for at least an hour for a public inspection in an easily accessible place. So no you can’t take it on top of the Blue Ridge Mountains. After all of this, you can proceed with a lien sale, and the highest bidder will take the vehicle. It should be mentioned that sealed offers are not acceptable.

Sometimes it’s best to just arrange with a licensed towing company to collect the vehicle, and they’ll take care of all the paperwork, as it’s easier for them. But be careful, don’t buy a vehicle without title deed from them or from a mechanical shop, as you might end up having a hard time getting the correct papers. During this time, the moist air will chew up the remains of the vehicle. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait around a year, so the rust might just be a scar on the surface of the body.

You should not proceed with a lien sale if the vehicle has a lien and is owned by someone ten years of age or younger. If you do so, your vehicle will be marked “DISCLAIMED AT THE DECLARATION OF THE APPLICANT” and within three years, the lien holder may withdraw it from you. Only after that time will you have this marking removed.

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.